Seven British athletes attended the 3rd Mediterranean Freediving World Cup, between 6th and 20th June 2010, hosted in Kalamata Greece by Stavros Kastrinakis. Liv Philip, Georgina Miller, Maria-Teresa Solomons, Sue Pugh, Tim Money, David Tranfield and Mark Harris all competed.
In addition, Long-standing BFA committee member Ben Noble competed, representing Australia.
Photo provided by Laura Storm
A summary of their key achievements follows:
- 2nd place for Maria-Teresa Solomons in the Women’s overall results
- 3rd place for Liv Philip in the Women’s overall results
- 3rd place for Mark Harris in the Men’s overall results
- 2nd place for Maria-Teresa Solomons, Sue Pugh and Georgina Miller in the Women’s team results
- A new British record in Constant-Weight No-fins of 53 metres for David Tranfield
- A new British record in Free Immersion of 70 metres for Mark Harris
- A new Australian record in Variable Weight of 100 metres for Ben Noble
- A new Australian record in No-Limits of 105 metres for Ben Noble